Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Remembering

Well I managed to see the Oprah show today and was touched by the topic : "The Katrina Stories No One is Telling". Unbelievable that this part of our country is still under so much suffering and totally seems to have been forgotten. At least this is the way that they are feeling FORGOTTEN. I don't like to start a post with such a grim topic, but in reality with all that we have and all that we enjoy out of life we must not forget that among us we have fellow americans that are suffering in our own soil with little or nothing at all. Even after 6 months, some are still living in tents, having to face eviction from the hotel rooms that once provided them shelter, people that are still missing and have never been found, children that are not allowed to play outside due to contamination that has NEVER been cleaned up. We must not forget them and see what we CAN DO as americans to help them. If you were not able to view the show, log on to www.oprah.com and view some of the photos and the coverage that was done on this sad reality.

As for my part of the world, I am currently getting rid of this cold that was tormenting me and therefore based on what I saw today I guess I really can't and shouldn't complain. I am truly blessed is all I can say.

No comments: