Monday, August 07, 2006

So how did the 1st day of school go?

Azriel was certainly happy and excited as you can see in these pictures! He was getting himself ready this morning as if it was the best thing happening to him. He brushed his teeth, got dressed and put on his shoes like the big boy that he is and was so excited that he didn't even want to eat breakfast. He just wanted to go!

The drive went smooth, (it's only 5 minutes away) but with it being the first day of school it took us about 10 minutes extra to get there, that still not too bad.

Once we pulled into the school parking lot, the question "Mommy, are you staying with me?" uuuuugh! Of course, I had to be honest and tell him that "Mommy was going to leave him so he can play in the playground and would be back later to pick him up". He whined a little, but he jumped off the van when it was time to walk to his classroom. Once in the classroom, I said my goodbyes and THEN......the CLING! "No mommy, don't leave" uuuuugh! His teacher was great, she called him and walked towards him and picked him up and there was peace, I said my goodbyes once again and braced myself as I jolted for the door and was able to leave without any further drama.

Oh but how I wanted to cry after I left him and how I miss him, after a whole summer of having him home with me day in and day out.

Ok! Ok! It's only until 2:30 pm and I will have him back to hold, love, and hug all I want, and then.... I will wish it was 8:30 am again! LOL!!! I love that cutie of mine.

1 comment:

Jan said...

awww... sounds like he did pretty good! Hope you had a nice day too! : )